It was still 84 outside at 8pm, but I decided to bite the bullet and plant and mulch some stuff. The bin of water idea really came in handy!

I planted 12 cucumbers--6 of each variety (Lemon and Armenian) on the other side of the trellis and a couple inside, and then I mulched the zucchini and yellow crookneck squash and the cucumbers. By then it was 9pm and getting dark really fast--thank goodness for the streetlight across the street!

My hands were black from the straw. I would have worn my gloves, but my hands get really hot when I wear gloves in 84 degree weather.

When I got back inside, it was 83 in the kitchen (thank goodness I already put the chocolate chips in the freezer) so I turned on both fans and then jumped into the shower. Now I'm waiting for my hair to dry so I can head to bed.

If I get up early enough tomorrow morning, I'll plant my marigolds and possibly some of the squash. (The spaghetti squash in particular.) I actually didn't start to get hot today until around noon, and even then, the wind helped. (Of course messing around with the cistern and getting all wet probably didn't hurt, either.)

The crockpot chicken turned out well again. It is truly frightening how little you have to do to it to have it come out so yummy. I may never bake another chicken in the oven again!

Edit: I just loooove how the weather report says there may be a chance of a 'stray' thunderstorm tonight or tomorrow night. What the hell is a stray thunderstorm?!? I really think they're trying to cover all their bases. Give me a break!

Comments

Popular Posts