Me: Mabel, if you don't move out of my way, you're going to get into trouble.
Mabel: But I'm protecting you from the vicious roaring monster!
Me: Mabel, please! I'm trying to sweep the rug! It's even turning a different color! Look at all that cat hair! Who knew?
Mabel: But the roaring monster!
Me: The roaring monster is going to get you if you don't move out of my way.
Mabel, sulkily: *moves an inch*
Roaring Monster -aka- the vacuum cleaner: ARRRR!
Me: Mabel, I'm going to vacuum you if you don't move out of my way!
Mabel: I will bite it!
Me: I warned you--
Roaring Monster -aka- the vacuum cleaner: Mmmmm! Dog hair!
Mabel: Hey, that feels pretty good. Can you go a little higher? No, lower--yes! Right there!
Me: Hey wait a minute--you're not supposed to enjoy this! You're supposed to get out of my way!
Mabel: *rolls over* How about my stomach? Can you vaccum my stomach too? What about my other side?
Me: Mabel, you are not a rug.
Mabel: Ohhhh. Ahhhh. That feels so good!
Roaring Monster -aka- the vacuum cleaner: Maybe we should do this more often!
Me: No way. I am not getting into the habit of vacuuming my dog. *switches vacuum cleaner off*
Mabel: Again! Again!
Me: No way! You're done. I have to finish sweeping the rug.
Mabel: Do it again!
Me: Mabel, move out of my way! Please!
Mabel: *sulks*
Me: Don't give me those puppy dog eyes!
Mabel: *sulks*
Me: Nope. You're done.
Mabel: *sighs*

*crossposted to livejournal*

Comments

Vicki said…
OMG, that's too funny!

Popular Posts