I'm not sure I could have handled this yesterday with my funky mood, but today, what can I do but snarl? And laugh, of course, because my morning has--so far--been a comedy of errors.

I decided to work on the berry patch and the cistern bed first. And that's probably all I'm going to get done this morning.

I had watered in half the patch and mulched about 1/3 of it, and I was filling up my watering can for another section when the pump chain broke. At first, I thought it had just slipped off the handle thingy, but no--it broke. And down into the cistern it went.

Lovely.

So I found a wire hanger, bent it into a hook, and spent the next 30 minutes fishing for the chain. I didn't find it.

Great.

Then I decided that I could lower the watering can into the hole, and fill it up that way. That way, at least, I could finish what I was working on and not end up having to do the rest tomorrow or something.

So I lowered my plastic watering can into the hole, filled it up, and lifted it back out. Whereupon the spout decided to break off and fall--into the cistern.

It was getting better and better!

So here's the problem: I have a non-working pump, I use the cistern to water my plants, and guess what? I'm going to need a lot of water to be able to mulch the garden.

The best laid plans...

The trick will be if I can find a new pump chain locally and fairly quickly--oh, and figure out how to install it too. Lovely.

Comments

Popular Posts