Oh, and I planted most of my beans this evening. I decided (after much thought) to plant them in really short rows, across, instead of long rows down. It makes sense, really. And I labeled each row, too.

So, I have 15 rows of beans--really short rows, remember. I planted Cranberry, Hutterite, Cannellini, Top Crop, and Provider. I'm giving Mom the Black Valentine Bush Beans to plant, although I might put in two short rows. And then all I have left (ALL!) is the lima beans and the pole beans. The Top Crop and Provider (and the lima beans) are leftover from last year. Next year I'll have to buy all new beans, and I'm not planning on having so many. Honest.

Didn't I say something about not planting as many beans this year?!

The beets are up, and so is the swiss chard. My peas are up too. I planted the rest of the strawberries out in the back flowerbed (not the new one; the old one.) And seedling-wise, all the zucchini are up, the lemon cucumbers are up, the Armenian cucumbers are showing their faces, and the Sweet Dumpling Squash is coming up as well. The Connecticut Field Pumpkin is coming up, and so are the Bolivian Rainbow Peppers (finally!)

Mom and I are going to Combs' greenhouse tomorrow. I'm not planning to get a lot, but I'm going to see if they have any blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. And herbs.

Comments

Unknown said…
I like the new header! I planted two kinds of beans (the bush beans in a square plot, the pole beans around sunflower seeds that may get replaced with poles if the rabbits eat them all), but I could definitely see getting addicted to bean planting in later years.

Popular Posts