Yes, it was too long. But on the other hand, it could have been an hour longer and it would have probably been fine, subplot-wise. But in all honesty, it was the movie I expected to see, if that makes any sense. If they had hired me to write the third installment, this is pretty close to what I would have come up with, especially the ending.

Of course they left it open-ended, and I'm not sure Disney will be able to resist a fourth movie. But we'll see.

I do have a few quibbles, but they're fairly minor ones. And I'd go see it again.

(The Transformers movie looks kind of cool, actually.)


In other words, I should have waited to start my list, because I got nothing done yesterday (well, almost nothing) and I really didn't get much done on Saturday either. So today I worked and fretted and watched the weather, and cleaned the bathroom, Green Room, downstairs hallway, and the rest of the living room.

And it did not rain. I am really disappointed, because today was our best chance for rain. And I watched the radar, and watched it rain in other places, but it never reached here. :(

So tomorrow, I'm going to plant what is ready to be planted, and damn the weather. It's probably the blue moon's fault anyway.

Here's what I'm planning to do:

Tomorrow morning after breakfast, I will clean out the two tubs-on-wheels that I got at the auction a few weeks ago. I'll fill them with water, so I don't have to walk so far, and then wheel them as close to the garden as I can get them without dumping them over. I will till the portion of the garden I need to till, and then water every inch of the garden.

Then I will leave it sit for the afternoon, and return in the evening. I will plant what is ready to be planted, because by then the water should be nice and soaked in. (This will be a lot of water, yes. But that's why I have a cistern, so it's not costing me a dime.) It won't be dry yet, because I've been watching where I've watered since I started watering the berry patch, and it isn't completely dry by supper time. But it should be nice and workable and damp. As long as I water it good enough in the morning, it should be okay by evening.

In the evening, I will plant what is ready to be planted, and then mulch everything within an inch of its life. Hopefully, that will hold the water in long enough for it to finally rain (whenever it decides to do so.) Hopefully I have enough mulch, but I can always borrow some from Mom and Dad if needed. (I think I have enough, really.)

I'm also going to do the same for the berry patch. I will mulch the quince and the gooseberry too, tomorrow morning once I water them in.

It's supposed to be in the 90s by mid-week. I sure pick the weeks to be off, don't I? Argh!

Edited to add: There's a chance of rain every day next week (again.) Figures.

Also, I'll water and mulch the zucchini and yellow crookneck squash tomorrow morning, more than likely, since they're already planted.

Comments

Popular Posts