I found this company, Chagrin Valley Soap and Craft from a link about shampoo in the natural living community on Livejournal. I've actually been looking for someone who makes shampoo bars for a while now--there is no waste, after all, since the bar is all you have--and I was very pleased to find out that this company is not only in Ohio, they also sell samples! I hate buying something that I don't end up liking.

So we'll see how the shampoo bars work. I did buy Mabel a dog shampoo bar, and I bought a couple of lotion bars too, because I'm really happy with the one I found on Etsy. And I ordered a couple of bars of soap, too.

My only issue with soap is that it tends to dry out my skin, but hopefully the ones with the extra butters will help with that. I can't wait until I get my shipment, so I can start trying out their products! I'd like to cut down on the amount of plastic bottles I use, and the bathroom is a big culprit. It's a shame they don't sell, say, asprin to refill your old bottles.

I have accidental wheat growing in my flowerbed. It sprouted from the straw I used for mulch. I guess I never realized that the two were the same, so I am going to let it dry, and plant some next year. I'm sure my neighbors will be wondering why I'm planting weeds.

I'll have to find out if there's something special you need to do to it to make it grow. I'm assuming not, since it sprouted all by itself in my flowerbed. But who knows.

(I don't really care what my neighbors think. It's my yard, after all. But I find it amusing to pretend to know what they are thinking. Just in case anyone wondered.)

Comments

Popular Posts