I ordered tea from Teavana and Adagio on Monday. Guess what I got in the mail today? The FedEx guy (there were two--one box was left on the front porch and one on the side porch) who delivered the Teavana tea was nice enough to put it in a bag in case of rain! How cool is that?

I'm not sure why they couldn't consolidate their shipments into the same truck, but whatever.

At the moment, I have Raspberry Patch and Thai Tea Blend becoming iced tea in the fridge, and I'm drinking Oolong #8, which is quite, quite tasty. In fact, it's my favorite so far of the just plain black teas. (I know; Oolong isn't really a black tea. But it's black enough for me!)

The Thai Tea Blend is for Dad, who drank tea at a Thai restaurant and liked it so much he didn't put any sweetener in it! So hopefully this is the same stuff. It smells yummy!

In other news, one of my spiderworts is already blooming. I couldn't believe it this morning when I noticed a splash of purple among the orange unnamed flowers that I really should identify. It's the dark purple color out back, so it's even one of the newbies. And all my hardy hibiscuses are coming up, too! (Well, the ones out front. The one out back isn't coming up yet.)

In garden news, my radishes are growing like weeds, my beets are starting to come up, and so is my swiss chard. The turnips were the first ones up in that bunch. All 17 potatoes sprouted, so I should have plenty of those, and slugs are eating my broccoli. *sigh* Everything else looks good, though. One of the garlic stalks is as big as my thumb at the bottom. I hope that means I'm going to end up with Monster Garlic.

I had every intention of working outside this evening when I got home, but it started to rain and thunder, albeit not a lot, since I'm on the computer. But I did get to check everything out, and it all looks great! My lettuce in the lettuce patch is just about ready to eat (for baby lettuce. That's when I start thinning it.) And I need to thin out my carrots, too.

Seedling-wise, my Turkish Orange Eggplant is up, but the Black Eggplant isn't yet. Most of the seeds I planted on Earth Day are up, but some aren't, like the Genovese Basil and the Lemon Mint and the peppers. My tomatoes are up, though, and it doesn't look like I'll end up with way too many of those.

The Sweet William is blooming out back, slowly, and I hope it all starts to bloom at once, because it will be a bright patch of pinks in one spot that will look very cool. Other than that, everything is growing quite nicely, and getting big!

Edit @ 9:21pm:

Wow. The Raspberry Patch tea is tasty stuff! Very tart and flavorful. If you like anything remotely like raspberry juice, I'd recommend this.

The Thai Blend Tea is also very tasty. The vanilla does stand out. It's smooth and yummy and a great iced tea!

(I think I have to reuse the Raspberry Patch teabag and put it in bread or something. It's too good to waste! I will definitely have to reorder that.)

Comments

Popular Posts