I wanted to take advantage of the rest of the daylight and the wonderful weather, so I went back out into the garden this evening and mulched around the tomatoes and peppers we planted last weekend.

I lost one pepper, and discovered what happened to the unhappy tomato--it got half peeled off at the base. Not enough to kill it, but enough to make it unhappy. So I buried it a bit more in the dirt. Hopefully that will work.

Oh, and the Quinoa is up! Now that was quick!

While mulching, I mapped out most of the rest of the garden in my head. I have room for 20 more tomatoes, but since I already have 20 tomatoes and Ethan's garden to plant as well, I'm only planting 12 more tomatoes in the big garden. That leaves room on the side for some of the bush squash, like zucchini and yellow crookneck squash, and then past that I'll put the row of sweet potatoes. I have six now, the same amount as last year, so maybe I won't have to buy any this year at all.

(And anyway, 40 tomatoes--plus Ethan's garden, which will hold at least 8-10, is just ridiculous.)

From tonight until next Friday night, I will be posting auctions on ebay. I'm filling up one disk worth of pictures each night, and posting what I take pictures of. The auctions will end the week I'm off, and that means I can run to the PO anytime I want. So this is a planned intensive auction posting. I will be posting them every evening until Friday or until I run out of things to post. (Hahaha!)

This is, of course, the only way I'm going to get to clean the dining room.

Obviously, since I worked outside most of today, I didn't get the house cleaned (yet), but I'm happy with what I accomplished.

On tomorrow's list:

--do the dishes
--finish mulching what needs to be mulched in the big garden
--finish weeding front yard flowerbed
--mulch front yard flowerbed
--plant quince, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, currants, and gooseberry plants
--plant zucchini?
--laundry
--put away clothes (it would be nice to do this)
--take pictures of auction items, and post auctions

I might not make it to church tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts