I picked five radishes this evening, and a nice big handful of lettuce for a salad for lunch tomorrow. I could have picked more radishes, but I decided to leave some in the ground to get a bit bigger. They're coming on nicely, though, even though it hasn't rained.

Oh, speaking of rain--we have a very faint chance on Thursday, and then a stronger chance on Friday. So pray for rain with me, will you? We really need it.

Some of my berries are starting to venture out of their slumber--I see signs of life from two blueberries and one currant so far. (I just planted them, so seeing signs of life now is really cool, actually.) I am hoping that after it rains I will see more signs of life.

If it rains, that is. Or should I just pretend that it will and maybe the universe will grant my wish?

I did plant a couple of plants this evening--my lemon grass in the back herb bed, and then some spearmint in the same bed and some garlic chives in that bed as well, but on the other side of the pathway. I'm hoping to plant some seedling thyme between the stones of the pathway, like I had in the front yard before the thyme got shaded out and died.

There are more flowers blooming up front--the yellow whatever-they're-called and the purple something-or-others. I will get pictures this weekend, I'm sure. (I wish I could remember their names!)

But anyway, I have been feeling a sinus-something coming on since yesterday, so I'm going to head to bed a bit early tonight and try to fight it off. Argh. I really don't need another cold!

Comments

Popular Posts