Did I say something about wanting to sew this weekend? Really?! Hahahahahaha! What a joke.

I had every intention of going to bed early tonight, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Hopefully I'll get to bed on time, at least.

So, a short recap of my weekend:

--Saturday, the auction. Remember that $100 that I said was my limit for the whole weekend? Again, I laugh. I'm just glad I don't go to these auctions every week, or else I'd be so far in the hole I'd never see the light of day again. (I'm exaggerating a bit, really. It wasn't that bad. It could have been a lot worse.)

There were nutso people there. People who will bid a box of feathers and silk flowers up to $140 for no apparent reason. People who will pay $90 a shoebox for yes, vintage belt buckles, but a shoebox?!? The $90 for the big bin of buttons and other assorted sewing supplies was a steal compared to that. Or $100 for a container half full of fabric that wasn't even vintage or designer! Nutso, I tell you. There were two ladies who seriously had to have bought $10,000 worth of stuff--or more. Crazy dealers.

I had to bite my tongue many, many times. And I got outbid many, many times. But I also managed to bring home only one box of fabric.

Of course, the 165 zippers... now that's another story.

I did end up with some very good scissors--6 pairs, actually, four of which are Very Good. Some sewing scissors, bone crochet hooks, and old knitting needles. Some old patterns, a million pins (I'm not kidding), a million needles. Sewing machine needles--so many that I'll never have to buy one again for my entire lifetime. I did buy some buttons, but not really that many. Dad let me have two of the mugs he bought, and I bought a round blue glass lampshade with stars. (I'll have to take a picture.) And various and sundry other sewing items, some of which will end up on ebay, some of which will need to fit into this office somehow.

At the moment, it's in piles in the entry room. I'm still sorting. I haven't even opened one box yet, and I won't until tomorrow, more than likely.

I did find one cool thing, which I will take a picture of and explain its use in another post later on (not tonight, most definitely.)

I spend the majority of the evening sorting stuff and looking up stuff on ebay. I watched Ghostrider (predictable), and didn't get much sleep last night.

--Sunday, today, was Burlington. With a predicted high of 92. It wasn't bad until shortly before we left, because it was a bit overcast, and the wind really helped. But again, I was sunk, although I really only went over my usual Burlington budget by $10. (My usual budget is $50.)

Five minutes after we arrived, I found a WagnerWare dutch oven/roaster for $30. It's a #9, which is a larger one, and in great shape. In fact, we saw a #8 at the booth that has all the cast iron stuff for $65. And the lid of mine went for gee, more than I paid for the whole thing not that long ago. (I can't seem to find the link to the lid auction again... don't know where it went.)

Fifteen minutes after we arrived (I really had to make up my mind about the dutch oven, actually) I found a box of cone yarn and string. For $10. Since I use this in the garden a lot, and I used half my roll for the trellis this year, I was happy.

I went to Burlington with the hope of finding another larger, metal watering can, which I did, for $10. They range in price there anywhere from $25-$50 usually, so $10 was a steal. If the other one the seller had was in better shape, I would have bought them both.

I got a white beehive shaped teapot for $1.00 after that, and then, after I cleaned out my little wooden cart (which worked perfectly), Dad found a very tall stockpot (which is now at my house, since it wouldn't fit on their stove), and I found a pot rack and another Wagner Ware Dutch Oven/Roaster, this one a No. 8.

For $10, even. It does need some cleaning, but still.

And that's all I got today.

I came home, we grilled out for Father's Day, and now I'm tired.

I have to work part of the day tomorrow. When I get home, I'll update on my schedule for the next couple of weeks. The rest of June is going to be busy.

(Now I guess I can really make No Knead Bread!)

Comments

Popular Posts