Note to self for next year: Plant more carrots!

I forgot to mention that I did plant more carrots and some bolt-resistant head lettuce Saturday evening (in pots), but seriously; I have to plant more carrots next year. I probably eat 3 a day from my little tiny patch, and those are baby carrots, even, just three bites or so, and very yummy.

Yesterday, I planted the twelve new potatoes in the garlic patch. I also found two of the missing heads of garlic--and they were heads, so they did grow. They just lost their tops at some point.

So the new potatoes are planted, I dug up another potato plant (this was a small, half-dead one) and got a handful of small potatoes, and pulled a few more turnips. I think the turnips might be on their way out, since they don't look all that great. We'll see, though. I might put more carrots in their spot if I do pull them.

It rained yesterday, too, and we got an actual thunder-and-lightning storm last night. I'm not sure how much rain actually fell, but as Mom says, every little bit helps. And right at the moment, my garden is happy.

I have a list of things to do today, of course, and since I spent most of yesterday afternoon sorting stuff from the auction (almost done!) I'd like to get that finished, but we'll see. Either way, I'll make a good dent in it.

Garden-wise, all I really have to do today is mulch the rest of Ethan's garden.

Comments

Popular Posts