I'm never going to have enough peas for an actual meal, because I keep eating them off the vine. But they are so yummy! And they're plumping out nicely.

I picked a carrot this evening (I'm still technically thinning them, but they can be eaten now, at least) that was baby carrot sized and so delicious. I really do have to sow my other carrot seeds so I'll have more later on.

I watered some of the garden--the eggplant that I thought would be dead has actually bounced back quite nicely. If it doesn't rain (and there is a small chance tonight) then I'll have to till up the rest of the bed by the cistern and plant everything else this weekend. Including the carrots, in pots.

There is an auction locally on Saturday, and Burlington on Sunday, and I do have to work part of the day Monday, so it will happen between all of those. I only have $100 in spending money (barring something suitably one-of-a-kind) so I'm not expecting to bring back much. However, if the 70+ boxes of vintage fabrics, tablecloths, etc., don't go for much...

(I don't need any more fabric. Really. But we'll see. The stuff would have to go awfully cheap.)

I did buy some clothes patterns that are supposed to be Quite Easy. I started looking through Ebay, and then I decided to check out Simplicity.com--well, Simplicity.com has quite the collection of cute and relatively simple patterns for $3.49/each, while Ebay has quite a few patterns for a lot more than that. So I got them today, and will be attempting to whittle down a bit of the fabric pile this weekend as well.

Other than that, cleaning, more decluttering, and hopefully ebay auctions. But we'll see.

Comments

Unknown said…
I do that with my peas, too. But the pods are edible, so I was thinking of picking some of those and sauteing or stir-frying them.
Jennifer said…
Yeah, I have edible pod peas too. Yum! My viney peas are starting to get peas too, so I'll have more coming along soon!

Popular Posts