I found a big black radish tonight, wiped it off, bit into it, and immediately ran for the house.

HOT! I can still taste it, hours later. Yikes!

I did pick seven red radishes, though, and they're just about finished. I don't think I'll get much out of the black radishes, so I might pull them up and plant my eggplant there, or some peppers. We'll see.

I might also be putting up a squash trellis--I'm buying a set of metal poles from a tent (like you use as a booth covering at a show) and I think it might work. It's only $2 for the whole bag of poles, so I'm sure I can use them somewhere, regardless.

I also have a rather longish list of things to do this weekend, like plant Ethan's garden (yes, with Ethan's help, and Bekah's help too) and mow the grass. Among other things.

I walked out into Ethan's garden this evening and found at least twenty-five volunteer tomato plants. Yikes!

Comments

Popular Posts