My potato order came as well, and I was impressed! I will have to remember Ronniger's Potato Farm for next year. They had a very good variety of potatoes, even though most of them were sold out. At least they weren't all sold out like everywhere else I tried.

I ordered Garden Pack 4, which is 6 different varieties of potatoes, 1 lb. each. I got Bintje, Red Pontiac, Desiree, Huckleberry, Kennebec, and Maris Piper. I took enough for 14 plants, and Mom and Dad have enough for at least 44 plants, probably closer to 50 if they cut the big ones up into more than two pieces.

At the end of this month, my potatoes should be done, so I will be replanting for a second harvest. Some of these are early season potatoes anyway, so we're looking at a second harvest of early September for Bintje and Red Pontiac, and late September early October for the rest. Not too bad!

If things work out, maybe I'll have seed potatoes for next year from this year's potato crop. We'll see about that.

Oh, and my pole beans are whipping their way up the trellis! I tried to take a picture today, but it ended up a bit blurry, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts