lol... I remembered...

Simplifying My Life



It's hard to simplify. It's even harder to simplify if you've been a packrat all your life. I mean, I could just throw everything out, but I have this fixation with "one man's trash..." and I can't quite bring myself to do that. I'd rather make a little money off of it and be able to buy a Psion.

Simplifying sounds easy. Cut back. Get rid of stuff. Relax. But simplifying through selling stuff on ebay isn't easy. It takes time away from what I both need and want to do. It takes time away from things I'd rather be doing, like writing or reading or... well, just about anything else. *g*

OCS is not going to be finished on January 26th. I've pretty much accepted that, but I am still determined to finish it. I still want everything gone, to the tune of a nice clean, organized basement, room for my crafts, books, and laundry stuff, and room for Chris to have a workbench. This weekend I will concentrate on auctions, I think. If I can bring myself to post a hundred auctions starting at $2.00, I will do it. I might have to do that with the clothes anyway. I have a bunch of clothes to get rid of. And some nice things, too.

We will see how the experiment went, but so far I don't have all that many bids. There are usually more bids at the end of an auction anyway, so we will see.

I'm going to propose that the extended OCS ends Feb. 28th. That's another whole month. If I can't do it in another month... then maybe I will throw what's left away. *g* Just to get it gone.

I want to have a simpler life, darn it all, but I have two tons of stuff preventing me from simplifying it. :)

More later...

Comments

Popular Posts