Thoughts about blogging in general and journaling in specific...

I've never been one to keep a journal. I love to read them, to see into other people's lives, but I would always lose my diaries when I was younger and only update them once every couple months or so. Every once in a while I'd try to take it up, but I never quite felt comfortable writing down my innermost thoughts and dreams where I could see them. Geez. It's almost superstitious; an "if I speak them aloud, they won't come true" kind of thing.

I even had a Livejournal once, and didn't update it very often. It's not that I don't have anything to say--obviously I do if you read the archives--but I guess it just wasn't on my radar as much as this is. I've grown very fond of spending a certain amount of time each morning writing in my blog, reading other blogs, and sometimes reminding community members when they haven't updated their blogs in a while... *g* I could get into the journaling habit, I think. And who knows? By the time this blog is a year old, things could be drastically changed from where they are now, and I will have a record of that change. I kind of like that idea. So I think I'll keep it around.

More later...

Comments

Popular Posts