I think my problem with the craft shows this year is that I don't really want to set up at them. But short of losing my tables and my spaces (not to mention the money I've already spent on the table spaces, etc.) I don't really have much of a choice. I have a feeling that I won't have all that much in the way of new stuff this year. Dolls, yes. I can make dolls. But the other things on my list? We'll see.

It's not that I don't enjoy them; I do. But I don't think I'd be able to do more than maybe three at the most per year, unless I intended do do crafts all year long. And because of the nature of the stuff I make and the fact that I have other things to do as well--like work around my house, clean, go to the day job, write, garden, practice, post auctions, etc.--it's kind of hard to do that year-round.

I think the other part of the problem is the amount of stuff I end up having. Not just dolls--no, I wouldn't stop at just dolls. I have to have hats and scarves and other things as well, like jewelry. A variety. In a way, that's a good thing, because the odds of me having more than one thing for more than one person is good. On the other hand, that's a bad thing, because I end up working on stuff I don't really care about just to fill up my table.

I made two doll patterns today to try; both rather primitive, one large, one small. I'm planning to cut out a couple, then let them soak for a while in the pot of oolong tea I accidentally left out on the counter overnight. That way I'm not wasting it. :) I have an idea of what I want them to be, so we'll see if it works out.

I think, in all actuality, I'll have enough to fill up my table. But I have time yet to make stuff if I want to; I'm still hoping to catch the crafting bug here before it's too late.

(I have lots of ideas, but they aren't this year ideas. They're next year ideas, because they're going to take too long to implement for this year. And my gumption has gone missing for the season, it seems.)


Another thing I've been wanting to make is clothing; I have lots of cool patterns, but I really need to get over my fear of sleeves and be done with it. There are two things I'm planning to make, clothing-wise by my birthday next year: my frock coat--which will definitely get me over the fear of sleeves, and a replica of the coat Loreena McKennitt was wearing at the concert (and the one/s she has worn on album covers and photographs. I have always wanted this coat. It's actually almost a coat dress; I have a couple of them that I've picked up at Goodwill, but they're short sleeved. So I may be doctoring the ones I have if I can find fabric that matches well enough, too. But those are on my project lists for the moment.

And so is cleaning the rest of my house. Hmm, maybe that's the problem? :)

Comments

Popular Posts