Fall 3.0 is here! Lovely, lovely cool weather outside right now. My only issue is that it didn't rain. Which isn't good at all.

I am wearing jeans, a long-sleeved black v-neck shirt, my velveteen shirt that I found at Goodwill over the weekend, and my Intermittent Mysteries necklace that arrived yesterday. It's lovely. :)

My biggest cast iron skillet, which I hadn't used until Monday evening, was warped. I knew it was warped, but I didn't know it was also cracked. The crack is right through the middle, and the oil I used to season my burrito filling seeped through. Obviously it's not good for that kind of thing anymore, and since it's my biggest skillet, I had to hunt up another.

So last night, I won two Griswold skillets (one bigger than the one I needed to replace) for $15! And I have my eye on a couple of other ones as well, which are (at the moment) going for pretty darned cheap. (Griswold skillets are usually expensive. I think the collectors didn't like these two because they need to be seasoned. Which is fine with me.)

I bid on, and lost, another serger, too. I'm just not willing to go over my price limit, but I'll get one eventually.

And I also started sorting out tangled jewelry (that I made) last night--I might as well fill in with that, and then see if I really need to make anything at all. I may need to buy some necklace chains, but that's a minor expense.

Comments

Popular Posts