Ethan's birthday is August 1st. He'll be five--wow, does time fly.

Since he doesn't read this blog (well, he doesn't read yet, so he wouldn't, would he?), I figured I could post about what I'm getting him for his birthday. :)

I didn't want to buy him anything superhero related, or any action figures, because he has way too many of those already. So I ventured over to Hearthsong to check out their sales, just in case something caught my eye. And I found exactly what I was looking for.

I'm just as fond of a good swordfight as he is, but the swords he has aren't very well-matched. A wooden sword vs. a plastic sword (or even bamboo tomato stakes--yes, I realize how dangerous that is, but heck, when I was twelve, I had a crowbar for a sword) just doesn't cut it when my opponent is five years old. :) And I'm not about to use my real swords, of course. So I bought two of these. That way, at least his Mama or anyone else can swordfight too, in an even match.

The next thing I found was too good to pass up, since he has a round ball that oozes stuff already; the football version of it is just even better. He'll love it.

And last but not least, of course I would get him a game. This one sounds like fun. I'm hoping he doesn't have it already; I don't think he does, but I know I've seen it somewhere before.

Comments

Popular Posts