One Local Summer, Week #5


I ended up with seven Great White tomatoes with an average weight of 1lb (each, that is) so I had to do something with them for this week's One Local Summer entry.

So I made White Tomato Soup. (Which is actually a very pale yellow tomato soup.)

It's... interesting looking. It tastes good, like tomato soup, but it just doesn't look like tomato soup at all. So I guess if you close your eyes and eat it, everything will be okay. :)

I used chard stalks in place of celery. I would have used lovage, but I already had the chard stalks in the fridge. Using the chard gave it an interesting extra flavor; I think I like it. I imagine this would taste good cold, too.



Everything except for a pinch of salt is from my garden! You can't get much more local than that!

Comments

mary grimm said…
I haven't tried growing white tomatoes--I guess I thought the flavor might be too mild. This soup looks good!

Popular Posts