My books came. I think they threw them off the back of a truck or something, because the box wasn't exactly in good shape, but the books themselves were fine.

So that's good. I flipped through the cookbooks--they definitely will be useful. I especially (already) like the recipe for Butternut Squash (Pumpkin) Pie. I'm all for surprise pie fillings!

My squash finally have female buds--I've been a bit worried, since all the blooms were male up until now. But there are tiny little baby squash everywhere now. Which might mean I'll be swamped. Which is okay, really. I'm not going to waste any of it. I'm just going to be eating a lot of squash, weather-and-season-willing. :)

I didn't pick a thing this evening, but that's ok, because I really didn't expect to. But I saw more pole bean beans, and I found a purple pepper. I thought the peppers would turn purple when they were ready to pick? I'm not sure. I have to ask Mom. But this one's purple and quite small yet, so who knows. (The other one on the same plant is green yet.)

I have comments to reply to, which I aim to get to tomorrow, because it's late and I am contemplating perhaps visiting a few of the Bethel yard sales tomorrow morning with Mom and Dad if I get up early enough. We'll see, though. About the yard sales.

And Burlington is Sunday--amazingly the sewing stuff in the entry room has been cluttering up the desk and table for a month now. *sigh*

Hopefully I can get that gone by the end of this weekend, because that's a bit ridiculous.

I do have a new cleaning/organizing/finishing schedule that I worked up this afternoon. Since it was Friday the 13th, and exactly 13 weeks until my birthday (but 14 weekends), that's what it involves. I will post more tomorrow on that subject as well.

Comments

Grey said…
I can't wait to hear about your Burlington finds today. :)
Jennifer said…
I didn't bring home much, but I'll be posting about what I did find once I reply to some comments! :)

Popular Posts