I am typing this at my "summer desk", which--other than the chair I'm sitting in--is working out well so far. I'm not even going to mention the 75 feet of telephone wire that ensures I can hook up to the internet while sitting here. Nope, not at all. I still have to staple it up, actually. It is currently draped across two rooms.

I did have to turn on the air tonight after I decided to bring down my computer and realized it was 84 upstairs and downstairs, which kind of defeats the purpose of bringing the computer downstairs because it's cooler, don't you think?

I will have to take a picture, because my bookcase idea really worked out great. I have four stick bookcases (two on two) on top of the rolltop desktop. If they were all the same color, it would look even better, but I can't have everything, can I?

It is very hot and muggy, and the kitchen was 86 degrees the last time I checked. I think it's the rice cooker's fault, because I should have had the stove fan on to suck out the steam. But at least I am hooked up, and since it's supposed to be 90+ degrees until Wednesday, at least, I will still be able to get on the computer.

Tomorrow morning, if I wake up early enough, I will be mulching as much of the garden as I can before I run out of straw. I have five bales of straw left and a little left over from the potatoes out back. I'm not sure that will be enough. If it isn't, I'll have to get cleaned up and go to Mom and Dad's to get more straw. If I have to do that, I have to first get the church pew out of the back of my car (Goodwill--a two seater, oak, for $39) and I can't lift that by myself because it weighs a ton, so I might just mulch as much as I can and do the rest later.

Hopefully I will wake up early enough. I might even set my alarm.

And I have a long list of things to do this weekend, some of which really need to be done. (Well, they all need to be done, just some of them need to be done this weekend.)

Comments

Popular Posts