And because I was having so much fun and Jonathan was lonely:

This is Fenella. She is made from a 100% wool sweater (from The Limited, I think) that I wore once, washed, and it shrunk to about size 10-12 in kids. I've had it in my fabric stash for years.

Incidentally, each sweater so far has enough fabric for two bears. So that's kind of nice--I can make another one like Jonathan or Fenella if I want to.

Her head actually isn't crooked. It just looks that way in the pictures, for some reason. And I cut her legs right, so she doesn't have that mistake either. I started her around 2:45pm and finished her at 5:05pm. So, an improvement.

At the moment, I have three cashmere and two wool sweaters felting in the washer (and the dryer, eventually) so I'll be busy for a while. I also have the bright purple fuzzy mohair sweater to felt as well, since I think that one will make a great bear. I've already raided my shelves (and came up with two possibilities, but since the one has a pattern, I'm not sure it will work. The second one is my J. Crew sweater that shrinks every time I wash it. I think it's too short now to wear, so it will be a pale blue bear.

I think I have found my true craft calling.

Comments

Popular Posts