HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
It's That time of the year again, one of my favorite holidays. But you know what? I'm not doing much to celebrate this year.

I've had dreams the past three nights. I can't remember what I dreamed last night, but the night before's was interesting enough to warrant the kernel of a story idea. (I was a student at Darkbrook whose talents had yet to show up. A member of an old magical family. But I stunk at everything, and then one day, a potion blew up in my face and blinded me. I ended up running away after being picked on by a bully, and discovered that I could talk to trees.)

This morning I'm working on bears. I'm doing a bit of an assembly line, just to see how it goes. I have seven more cut out, four already sewn, and three remaining to sew. Then I move to my other desk and stuff them, sew the heads, etc. So we'll see.

(I have red cashmere, blue plaid, mauve heather wool, patchwork (from a skirt, not a quilt), very subtle plaid fleece, 'read me a story' vintage polyester fabric, and wide-wale royal blue corduroy.)

I'm working on them until noon, and then I'm going to take a shower, get dressed, and do something else for a while. I have clothes to put away, laundry to do, and a floor to sweep and mop. And I haven't written all weekend, either, so I need to get back into that.

(I know it's November 1st tomorrow. But the idea for The Seventh Secret is still gelling. I'm going to aim to do that in December. Since HD is working so well at the moment, I don't want to lose that momentum.)

Comments

Popular Posts