Updates:

Last night, I came home from Mom and Dad's, having not gone to Goodwill like normal. (We tried Williamsburg, but they closed at 5:30!) After closing the windows (since it got down to 40-something last night and the house was cold), I put on a pot of water for tea and went upstairs to check on Cleo.

Well, she'd been pretty good since I brought her home. She wasn't picking at the stitches too much and she was even starting to leave them alone. Unfortunately, sometime yesterday she decided to start messing with them, and by the time I got home, they looked really bad (to my eye, at least.) This was 7:35pm, and I wasn't sure if the vet's office was still open, so I called them and it was.

So in the rainy night, I got to drive back to Bethel with a protesting cat in the carrier so the vet could check her out. Now, Miss Cleome has a nice new 'sweater' to wear until Oct. 17th:


Can we all say "Poor Cleo?" (She wouldn't look so funny if she wasn't a long haired cat.)

Update #2: I let Mischa out of isolation about five minutes ago. He's been running around meowing in his scratchy "I'm dying, let me out" voice. I hope his voice recovers from his "ordeal" soon; I kind of miss that meow. Yes, I know it wasn't quite two weeks. But close enough to work this time, I hope.

Update #3: My shoes came! Unfortunately, one pair did not fit, so they'll be going back, and I've ordered the next half size up and also wide width. (I refuse to order size 10 shoes!) Hopefully those will fit. But for those of you who really want to see a shot of my new waterproof hiking boots:


Other women collect high heels--I collect boots. Well, not really; I only have four pair. But I would if I could get away with it. (My inner thrifty person won't let me.) Anyway, they fit really good and they're blue, which is nice.

Now all I need to do is replace the pair of black shoes that really don't fit and I'll be good to go. (And the Black Shoe Saga* continues, of course!)

*The Black Shoe Saga--I wear a lot of black clothing. I own a lot of black clothing. Invariably, when I buy shoes, they are brown. I'm not kidding. The only pair of black shoes I own that I actually wear are my black gym shoes. I gravitate towards brown shoes. I've tried to stop it, but every pair of black shoes I buy either don't look right or don't fit.

This reaches quite far back, when I had a pair of what they used to call "Granny Boots." They were black, and I wore them out. I've never, ever found another pair like those. And I have looked. And looked. I just have this thing about brown shoes, I guess.

(Of course, my entire problem probably stems from the fact that I won't spend more than $25 for a pair of shoes, regardless of the brand. That's why I like Sierra Trading Post so much.)

So it ends up that I wear brown shoes with black, and my sister Jessica always says something about it. Oh well. Maybe my blue hiking boots will go with everything? :)

Comments

Popular Posts