Despite my good intentions, I didn't get done with my assembly line today. I tried--I really did--but on the last bear to sew, my sewing machine began to squeak. So I took it apart, got rid of quite a bit of lint, oiled it up (since I can't remember the last time I actually oiled it since I got it on my 16th birthday--yes, I'm a horrible person) and waited in vain for the squeak to vanish.

Actually, I can't remember if it stopped squeaking or not after the last time, when I took off the plate and cleaned the feeder dogs, or whatever they are called. (And found more lint!)

I did manage to get the last bear sewn, and then moved the assembly line over to my other workstation, where I stuffed and sewed up all the bodies and started on the arms. By that time, it was time to go sit outside and freeze while I gave out hand fulls of candy to the whopping 14 people (in groups of 7, 5, and 2) who decided to brave my long driveway. I even made up a quick costume--black velvet dress, black velvet robe, and Bekah's witch's hat--all for practically nothing.

Well, I take that back. I did bring the Dana out with me and managed to write a bit of HD. So that's good.

At the moment, I'm stuffing arms. I have four left to stuff, and then I get to sew them all up. I think I will work on the legs and the heads tomorrow. That means I'll be finishing up the bears on Wednesday, which I guess isn't all that bad.

I also posted a couple of auctions--Bernard, and an offer for a custom bear--winner provides the sweater.

Oh, and a year ago in two weeks I bought a bunch of stuffing (like 6 bags full) from my PO, along with a lot of other sewing stuff. I have one bag of stuffing left. I really thought it would last longer, but I guess I have been using it, hmm?

I wonder how much stuffing costs these days. It's been years since I've actually had to buy any.

Comments

Popular Posts