It's not every day you see a cat who almost matches the woodwork on the stairs. If he didn't have his eyes open, he would have blended right in!

It's definitely fall. The leaves are beginning to turn on the small maple tree and the forsynthia, and it's crisp enough outside to break out the jackets. I'm not complaining, since fall is my favorite time of year.

(However, I could do with a sunny day now and then. Since I don't have the heat on yet, it's been a bit chily in the mornings (it was 55 this morning downstairs) and the rainy days aren't helping. When Dad gets back from Washington DC, we'll make sure the boiler is okay, but I'm still trying to hold out until November for turning on the heat. We'll see if I make it or not. It all depends on the weather.



Here is the conservatory, as of yesterday, before I brought in the orange tree, my lemon grass (cut back for the winter, of course) and the gigantic night blooming cereus. (sp?) I'm now calling it the "Jungle."

I have a couple of things left to bring in, like my gardenia, my two sedum sieboldii (October plant), and I have to dig up the heather in the garden. I'm thinking I won't dig up the other daisies. They're starting to die back already anyway.

The mantle (or is it el?) worked well, as you can see. Although it still looks like an altar to me. (This is mid-morning on a rainy, overcast day, so as you can see, plenty of light. And no cats!)



Here is a picture of the new chair from the rummage sale and the small bookcase from Burlington. I think it looks a lot better than the Pink Chair, which will be my comfy chair in my office once I can get to it to sit down. :)

I might eventually get a small rug to put under the chair, but it doesn't seem to be moving too much at the moment.

I have caught Ethan's cold, which is annoying, but as usual, Advil Cold and Sinus (or the generic brand of it, at least) makes things bearable enough. But I am getting a late start this morning in the office. I've picked up some, but I have a lot to go through. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts