Ladybug, Ladybug is 21,476 at the moment. I know, I know, not much written today yet, but every word counted. And I have achieved sight of the ending! Or, at least the climax. The ending is still to be seen.

I might, just might, still finish it tonight. I don't think it will be much over 23k, if that long.

Today was the rummage sale at St. George church. I helped price and sort stuff yesterday while ruminating about what would happen next, and managed to come home with some good bargains. Mom even offered to pay for our stuff (part of my b-day present) so that was even better. I also went to Goodwill last night to take advantage of my 50% birthday special. I couldn't resist.

Here's my loot:

Goodwill:

2 sleeveless sweaters ($2.00 each)
1 Old Navy 100% cotton green v-neck sweater ($3.50)
1 pair of Old Navy jeans ($1.50)
A long-sleeved Eddie Bauer t-shirt in green ($2.00)
4 milk crates (I think I have enough now) ($1.00 each)
1 small teapot ($1.00)
1 silverplate-over-copper pitcher ($1.50)
3 "Got Milk?" pancake plates for Ethan ($1.00 each)
Some various toys for Ethan ($.25 each)
A vintage kitchen timer. Dad says it's a laboratory timer. We bought one new at Target when I moved, and it broke two days ago. ($7.50)

I think that's it.

Rummage Sale:

An old church kneeler (like for confession), which is especially handy now that I have two. One is in the kitchen at the window so the cats can jump up and look out, and the new one is in the living room where the old one used to be. Perfect! (for $10)

A cable-knitted pillow and a handwoven throw ($5)
A brass cloak clasp (2 pieces) and something else that was in the bag ($4)
Some clothes (tank tops, a pair of jeans, a pair of capris, a pair of khakis) ($4/bag)

A light mauve wing-back chair to go in the living room. The pink chair that was in the living room is now upstairs in my office, after I decided that I would rather have a comfortable place to sit than more storage. I'll just have to figure out the storage issue with what I have. With a comfy chair in the office, I can sit and do long things without killing myself sitting on the other desk chair. ($7.50)

And Dad bought me a birthday present at an auction--a very nice primitive style bookcase. It's solid wood and very heavy, and painted blue :) and is now sitting in my kitchen where the stick bookcase had been. It looks very nice.

Ethan made out with half the top of the freezer full of toys, stuffed animals, and other stuff he didn't really need. But oh well. That's what the Green Room is for, no?

Oh, and I also got some extendable gutter thingys that Dad says I need for the front porch to make the water go away from the holey gutters. Dad gets to install those, though. :)

Tomorrow is the last Burlington. We're going--we skipped last month, and since this is the last one of the year, we figured we should go. I am NOT going to buy anything off the $1/each 12 for $10 vintage fabric table. I AM NOT.

In truth, all I really need to look for are plant stands, a small table for beside the new chair, and perhaps a footstool. We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts