I went to see Tim Burton's Corpse Bride with Dad last night. Had to drive all the way to Milford to see it, which wasn't horrible, but I sure wish they hadn't closed the Eastgate Showcase Cinemas.

The movie wasn't as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, but it had its funny moments. I thought the animation was a bit jerky at times; Emily's wedding gown didn't jive with her movements every once in a while, but otherwise, it was predictably perfect.

I wasn't quite sure about the songs, though. None of them had the feeling that I got while listening to NBC. And I usually have a good ear for dialects, but boy, it was hard to understand some of the lyrics and dialogue at times.

I especially liked the nod to folklore at the end, and how it tied in to the scene at the very beginning.

At 1 hour and 14 minutes, I also thought it could have been a lot longer. However, I'm glad I got to see it. :)

I'm making dog biscuits and cookies today. So far, I have minty-fresh dog biscuits cooling, peanut-buttery dog biscuits in the oven, and I'm trying to decide what flavor of people cookies to make. (My kitchen sure smelled like mint, though. I used about three handfuls of dried mint leaves!)

And I have to keep chasing Cleo off the table. Not sure what her deal is with learning the word "No!" and "Get Off!"

Cats!!!

Comments

Popular Posts