I just sorted my shoes, and have a pile of five pairs to get rid of. They either don't fit or I haven't worn them in years. These are the leftovers from last year's purge.

I also ordered two pairs of shoes from my favorite store (Sierra Trading Post, you know) to supplement what I have. I think I'm set now. I am looking forward to getting a good pair of hiking boots! (My old pair died a while ago, and I hadn't found a replacement pair until now. I opted for the higher boots instead of ankle boots, so hopefully that will be ok.)

And then I took a short break to make another cup of hot tea (the water in the kettle had gone cold) and go outside to enjoy the coolness and pick my ripe tomatoes. I got a basket full, which means I get to juice them this weekend (third time!) and have another two quarts or so of juice. Probably more--there were a bunch this time.

Also this weekend I'm planning to hang most of the rest of the basil to dry, and then try to work out what plants are coming inside and where they're going to go. I have quite a few, and my 'conservatory' area in the dining room is only so large.

Now, back to my room, where I'm going to start going through my clothes. I'm not quite to the point where I will switch out summer clothes with winter clothes yet, but it's getting close, and I might as well go through everything now.

Comments

Popular Posts