It's beautiful tonight, but awfully humid. I was under the impression that the humidity was supposed to go away... hahahaha.

However, it is 70 outside at the moment, and supposed to get down to either 59 or 63, depending on whom you ask. Lovely! All my windows are open and the fans are pulling the air through the house. Mmmm. Cool air.

It would be nice not to have to turn on the air anymore this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

We didn't have to go down the road tonight, so I came straight home from work. Earlier this afternoon, I went to Petsmart (only spent $30, too, which was mostly food.) I used my coupon for a free bag of Nutro Cat food and I also got Loki some Nutro kitten food, which he inhaled, so I guess he likes it. He just wasn't eating the Purina kitten food that I bought as a stopgap earlier this week. I also picked up some canned kitten food from Nutro, just to see how it went over, and he inhaled that too. Nice. I have a gourmet kitten.

I bought Mabel a squeaky rubber toy, which she isn't quite sure about just yet. Maybe I'll smear peanut butter all over it--that might help. ;)

Since I have quite an extensive list of things to do this weekend (some of them were weekly stuff and are already crossed off) I decided I might as well work on one thing tonight. So I started on the side porch, which means I gathered up almost an entire bag of garbage, removed Ethan's wagon and toys from the side porch, and rearranged my potting table with the garden/potting cart I got at the auction and a rack for hanging stuff. I put the aquarium on its side and put a plant on top of it--I'm not sure if it will stay there all winter or not. We'll see. I moved the garbage can back, and picked up pots, which will go on the bottom of the garden/potting cart.

I also dodged about a million mosquitos, because it rained, you know, and they exploded. *sigh* Mosquitos are one thing I won't miss about the end of summer!

The slugs are eating the low-hanging tomatoes, which is actually fine, since I have plenty. However, it kind of sucks that the low ones are ripening first. I did pick a few that weren't quite ripe tonight, just to keep them away from the slugs. They seem to like the German Johnson, because they've already ruined one tomato (and the big one I was watching split.)

I might have to buy some beer, though, to set out to trap them. I just hope no one notices I'm setting out beer. Hopefully no one would be stupid enough to drink slug beer. :P

Despite the fact that it's supposed to be beautiful this weekend, the majority of the stuff on my list is inside. However, I'm not complaining, since I'd rather work inside and not sweat to death than be stuck inside because of the hot weather. I am so looking forward to not dying from the heat for a little while. (Crossing fingers that the coolish spell sticks around.)

Loki is still wearing his collar. He looks so distinguished. Maybe it's the collar that's turning him into a snob. :)

Comments

Popular Posts