It's only supposed to get down to 74 and very humid tonight. So I am breaking my vow, because I'm going to be working for 10 hours tomorrow and Miss Mabel will be alone in the house all day long with no air conditioning.

I'm leaving it on all night. Hopefully it will at least get the kitchen below 80--it's 84.5 at the moment--so that's a possibility. It is 83 up here, but with 59% humidity! That's the lowest yet!

I'm hoping that the amount of air conditioned air just pushes out the hot humid air, so tomorrow won't be so bad.

(She'll have ice cubes, plenty of water, and a fan blowing on her crate, which will be open, so she can move around if needed. But these week-long heat waves are horrible for the temperature in my house!)

I am resigned to a high electric bill. So long, $56/month. *sigh* At least the budget billing for the gas bill went down $30, so that can supplement the electric bill...

Em and I picked beans tonight. 6 pounds, which isn't bad. That puts me up to... let's see... 22 1/2 pounds of beans. Wow! That's actually a lot better than I thought. I was so hot, though; it's still very humid outside. After we were done, I doused myself with the freezing cold water in the watering can. It was truly lovely. And even now, I'm a bit damp.

The early summer crookneck squash are becoming zucchini in their bounty. I picked four the other day and five today. Luckily, I can make them the same way as I make zucchini, so that will work. I can still have one for supper every evening when I run out of zucchini. Ha!

Comments

Popular Posts