Two weeks ago, someone dropped off a kitten at my house. I think I forgot to post when we first saw him/her, but he was frightened and as close to feral as a kitten can get, but he was sticking around, so I decided to try to tame him.

We have progressed from outright terror omg! It's a human! to not running away when I'm about a foot away, unless I startle it. I talk to it when I'm outside, and call it my sweet potato. It seems to like the sound of my voice.

Yesterday, I managed to get within touching distance of it while it ate, so we're progressing even more than I could have hoped. It is the cutest little kitten, and Siamese in coloring, with blue eyes. (At least so far.)

Here are two pics: (He/She didn't want to pose for me this morning; I startled it again.)

(Maybe if I don't look at you, you'll go away, mean human.)

Comments

Popular Posts