Lovely, lovely weather outside at the moment. I think it's 84. *swoons*

Last night, it was hot in the house. After I got home from work, I turned on the air and gave Miss Mabel some ice cubes, but she was still hot. Since it was early yet, I thought that I could try to get her in the tub and hose her down a bit--that way, she could be a cool wet dog instead of a hot dry dog. :)

So I walked into the bathroom, and she followed me. I stopped by the tub, took her collar off, and she wasn't looking very pleased, but she didn't seem so scared, either. So, jokingly, I said, "Hop in!"

And she hopped in.

I have always had to lift her front end into the tub before. I was floored! And I made sure to praise her extensively--I would much rather have her get in by herself than try to lift her, since she's a heavy girl.

I might give her baths more often, if we've overcome that little issue. I swear, she surprises me all the time with how much she actually understands. (She knows "Go to your room", too!)

I got my electric bill for 6/19-7/19. It went up... drumroll... $15. Whohooo! I expect this month's to be higher, but we should be over that summertime heat hump fairly soon. $15 is not bad at all. Whew!

Comments

Popular Posts