One of the things on my to-do list this weekend was to make pizza from scratch and bread as well.

This isn't a perfect pizza crust--it's not very chewy--but it's good nonetheless. I would use this recipe again, I think, and maybe use more olive oil, even.







I also made Barbari (edit: I spelled it wrong the first time), which is a type of Iranian flat bread, evidently. Only I doctored them up a bit with some garlic powder on top. I wasn't as fond of this recipe. The dough was really tough to knead. However, the bread itself is tasty and crisp, which is good.
















Obviously, the pizza went over well.

Later on, I went outside and saw the goldfinches again, eating my sunflowers' seeds. I tried to get a picture, but I don't think you can see them very well:

Well, you can see one of them, at least. He's in the middle of all the green. :) This is from the front porch, and my zoom isn't good enough to reach that far. (And it's from the back of the sunflowers; the flowers all face the road, for the most part.)

I also had to 'deal' with someone who couldn't understand why I wasn't petting him (you know, that's my life, after all) and boy, what a difference from last Saturday!

Pet me NOW!

(He isn't meowing in this picture. I haven't heard him make a peep yet.)

Comments

Popular Posts