11 quarts of tomato juice, bringing my total up to 18. Not too bad! I have some left over; I'm contemplating going out to pick what ripe tomatoes there are so I can go ahead and juice them and be done with it. My arms are really going to hurt tomorrow. I still have not-quite-ripe tomatoes on my baking table, but the bread is rising and it looks good so far.

The squash formerly known as the squashgourd produced about 3 cups of pulp. I had spaghetti squash for lunch; the rest of that is in the fridge for later, and I also processed the acorn squash that had a worm. The only ones left to process are two Potimarron squash; they might have to wait. Oh, and the zucchini. I'm not sure I'll get to them today.

I also roasted the squash seeds--both from the acorn and the volunteer squash. I've been snacking on them all afternoon. They are quite yummy!

The rest of the winter squash filled my biggest dough bowl (the yellow one) and overflowed onto the desk where the big dough bowls usually sit along with my cutting boards and bread machine. They don't need to be processed until I eat them. I could have one a week all winter long and not run out until spring. (Well, two meals per squash, so two meals per week.)

I haven't started laundry yet; I may wait until tomorrow evening for that. We'll see. It's not a big job, but I'm getting a little tired, and I have to figure out what to make for supper tonight, which might just be pizza if I get the dough in the bread machine soon. I do have an eggplant to use, so I could make eggplant pizza. That actually sounds quite tasty. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts