I picked tomatoes in the middle of juicing tomatoes yesterday--there were more ripe ones out in the garden than I expected. Later yesterday afternoon, I went back out into the garden to pick beans and everything else; I ended up with six more cucumbers (not really even trying), and about 2lbs of beans, mostly the purple pole beans which are going nuts. I also got a good cup of dried beans and some shell beans, which have been shelled and are in the freezer (because drying them on the vine doesn't ever make them totally dry.) And okra. Lots of okra! I had green beans and okra for supper last night.

Today, I have to go to the farmer's market with Emily to watch Elsa*. I should be back home not too terribly late, which is a good thing, because I didn't get all the dishes done yesterday. Most of them, yes, but not all of them. And I really need to get them finished.

I also have to do a load of laundry, since I didn't do that yesterday either. Hopefully I can get all of that done, too. We'll see.



*I guess it's my turn. Unfortunately/fortunately, the weather is going to cooperate and be beautiful; otherwise, if it was hot, I had intended to stay at Mom and Dad's house with Elsa. Oh well.

Comments

Popular Posts