I have decided to juice tomatoes tomorrow evening instead of tonight. They'll keep one more day, and I just picked half a basket full this evening, not all of which are completely ripe yet, but again, it's going to rain.

In fact, it feels as if it's going to rain outside right now, but it didn't.

I didn't pick any cucumbers (don't have room in the fridge), but I picked more dried beans and shell beans, more purple pole beans, and lots of tomatoes. And okra, but not that much. Of course, it has only been two days.

Some of the tomato plants are dying, though, in stages. It's not blight or wilt. I think it's just that it's almost September, and after all, tomato plants don't last forever. They are still bearing, though, but some of the tomatoes are splitting, so I'm picking them as fast as I can. They do ripen well on my baking table.

Also, I think I have a turtle in the garden somewhere, since some of the tomatoes lying on the ground have been decidedly chomped. I'm okay with that. Turtles have to eat too. (And the straw has been moved around in odd ways that made me think there was a turtle anyway, so it's good to know I am probably correct.)

I still have to go out back, but I don't expect to pick that many.

Pruning and trellising the blackberries is on my list of things to do for Labor Day weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Comments

Popular Posts