Whippoorwill is broken again. This is the fourth time. This time, I almost made it to 50k before I realized that it really wasn't going anywhere.

I had every intention of ditching it for a while and concentrating on a editing I need to do--actually, there's more than one book that needs editing--but Ryan is still trying to talk to me. Not well, and not coherently at the moment, but he's still alive. And I can't get the concept of this out of my mind.

I'm hoping that by rereading it, I'll get some ideas, but I'm not sure. If I don't get any ideas, I'm going to have to ditch it and concentrate on other things for a while, because I've been working on this version since May and the whole thing since early February, it looks like. And I really thought I'd be done by now.

One more chance, Ryan Grey. And then... on the back burner for a while, because I have other things to write.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Oh dear... Poor broken story. Maybe it just needs some quiet time to lick its wounds, like animals do.
Jennifer said…
I decided to take a short break and work on the edits I need to get finished with first. But I have a couple of ideas that might work out; who knows.

Popular Posts