Tonight's garden haul.


See what I mean about the cucumbers? (The white ones are cucumbers too.) Another dozen tonight! What am I going to do with all of them?!

I checked on the potatoes on the west side of the house, and this is what I got from a couple dead vines. I'm not sure they're going to do a lot over there, but we'll see. The potatoes in the potato bed (the former sandbox) are busy making potatoes, however.

And check out that beet! That's from up front. I really didn't expect to find one that large. The rest of them aren't nearly that size, which is a shame, really. But they are still edible and tasty. In fact, I'm planning to cook that beet tonight for supper. Mmmmm, yummy!

Ethan's birthday party was nice. He got quite a bit of money and or gift cards for gifts, too, but his eyes got really wide when he saw the one from us. There was too much cake left, though; I could have not baked the vanilla at all, since only a couple of people asked for vanilla. But oh well. I didn't have to bring any home, and that's what counts.

I have gigantic acorn squash out in the garden, too. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow when I go out to photograph the flowers that are blooming. I want to get some pictures of the hardy hibiscuses, but I was too late today.

Comments

Popular Posts