I went down the road with Dad yesterday, to Sam's and Goodwill (the latter for the first time in months.) I only spent $15, which was good, but I did get some interesting things, including a copper skillet that will go up on ebay for $3. (It's not going on ebay for $3; that's what I paid for it. Evidently the pricers at Goodwill didn't see the maker's stamp--which wasn't on the bottom, but the side, and easily missed. And evidently the brand--Legion Utensils--is fairly rare, because there weren't many on ebay in the last month at all.) Two little Hall teapots (in the picture, that's a quarter for size), a very nice long bamboo flute (which looks to be handmade; it's got great tone), two of my Christmas mugs (they are from the 60s, I think, and cute; I now have six, just mugs, and I haven't been able to find any saucers or anything), a small handmade pottery bowl that would be great if you only want one scoop of ice cream, and four milk glass shallow bowls-with-handles that do have a proper name; I just can't think of what they are called offhand. These would be great for small servings--I'm thinking cobbler or crisp. :)















And I also got Pennsylvania Peaches yesterday, which are currently smelling up my kitchen, since I'm making peach bread today. It looks like it will work just fine; the recipe was a bit iffy (imo) and I had to add more flour. I'm also drying mushrooms, so there's an interesting smell combination!

I have a list of stuff to do today, most of which has me in the kitchen, so I'd better get to work.

Comments

Popular Posts