It got up to 90-something yesterday, but the house was still nice when I got home (okay, it was a little warm, but not warm enough to warrant turning on the air conditioner) so fans again last night. How nice!

We'll see about today.

I did start boxing up yard sale stuff yesterday evening, and discovered that the majority of the stuff in the dining room is auction stuff, not yard sale stuff. Which doesn't help the dining room, but does help me realize a bit about paring down and getting rid of things I don't use. I did liberate some bowls from the kitchen that I had originally bought intending to sell and a handful of cookbooks from my shelves that I have never opened. There are more there; I just have to decide if they are yard sale cookbooks or auction cookbooks.

Yes, I have too much stuff. Some of it is good stuff, and stuff I want to keep, but the majority needs to find a place or get out of my house, because I'm becoming very intolerant and tired of PILES. And despite the fact that we've been working on the various rooms, there are still way too many PILES in the house.

That means, of course, that when I'm done with the ebay thing, it won't be ongoing. Which is fine; I don't need it to be ongoing; I need it to GO AWAY. The money's a nice addition to my savings or whatever, but I'm not dying without it. So once I get rid of what I want to sell, then there won't be regular auctions again, and that's fine with me.

I have to go finish getting ready for work, so I'll try to write more later when I get home.

Comments

Popular Posts