So, now that The Seventh Secret is finished, that means I'm caught up! Whoohooo! Maybe I should have sprung for some ice cream today. Instead, I filled my car up for $2.74/gallon (and sat in line for a while because gas just went up to $2.95/gallon everywhere else--what happened?) and went on a fruitless search for air conditioner extension cords. Which do not exist in Georgetown, apparently.

So now that I'm caught up, let's see what's on my writing plate. (Not just for this year, mind.)

--I need to submit So You Want to be a Vampire (I might do that yet today) and Heart's Desire. However, if I send Heart's Desire to Writer's Exchange (since the Jacob Lane series is there, it's almost a 'might as well' thing, since they're interconnected) then I think it's way too long for an ebook. It would be much better off split in two, which I think I can do, but that means, of course, that I need--yikes--an additional title. Which will probably end up being Binding the Hunt and Heart's Desire. *sigh*

--The complete rewrite of Fire & Water, the second (or third, if I split HD) book in the Beth-Hill series.

--The next Karen Montgomery story. (#4, not urgent, since only Budget Cuts has been rereleased.)

--The next Jacob Lane book, The Sixth Stone. (This one's on the plate for next year.)

--
The sequel to So You Want to be a Vampire, which is called Transformation. (Also on the plate for next year.)

--
I would also like to write something entirely new. (But what? That's a good question. And when?)


Since I did quite a bit this year already, I'm tempted to write something new now, but I'm not sure. Part of me wants to try for the rewrite of Fire and Water, just to say I did. However, I haven't written anything entirely new for a long time. (Since Nightshade, which is still languishing on my harddrive.) I also have the craft shows to prepare for, so I'm not sure how well something new would hold up with craft show stuff. Hrm.

We'll see. I am on vacation until September 2nd or 3rd, so hopefully I can make up my mind by then. (Due to the yard sale being August 31st and September 1st.)

Comments

Popular Posts