And an update on the tea container issue:

I kept coming back to the new Thermos stainless steel travel tumblers, and today during my break, I stopped at Meijer to see what they had, because I really wanted to see one in person. Meijer had a really nice selection. Not the exact one I was looking at, but pretty much every other one I'd seen on the Thermos website.

I bought this one, although mine is green, honest. It's definitely not blue. (Although green doesn't look like it's available, hmm.) And that's a really bad picture, too; the whole thing is more metallic and pretty than it looks like it would be. It's only 16oz., but I thought about it, and decided that I really didn't need more than that for work. So far, it's working quite nicely. (And I did not pay the listed price, either. Yikes!) It should last me a long, long time I hope.

This is the one I am really curious about; I did email the customer service to ask about BPA in the lids (they are all BPA free) and they answered within an hour, so I really would like to know how large the opening for the Element 5 bottle is, so I might email them again. And yes, I know, that one's 22 ounces, but it would also come in handy when my actual thermos thermos is too large. (I have a big thermos that I take to auctions and antique shows, but it's too big to take to work.)

But then, while I was looking (and I found two broken thermoses, too, where I assume someone had dropped them), I saw one of these. (The soft grip one.) It's from the Total Tea line from Copco, and yikes there's some cute stuff there! (Also BPA free lining on the thermal one I got, which is good.) But seriously, it's cute and useful and I really want one of these, too. (The snap on one. or the basket one. The lily pad one is cute, too.)

So anyway, crisis averted for now. We'll see if I can manage 16 ounces instead of 32, or 30 as the ebay auctions seem to claim. (Mine says 32 ounces on the bottom, maybe they shrunk them?)

Comments

Grey said…
That Total Tea stuff......

I'll have one of each, please.
Jennifer said…
Oh, definitely. It is too cute and useful! I like the carafes too. I'd *really* love to see them in person. I'll have to see if there's a store nearby that carries them. :)

Popular Posts