Saturday night, right before I intended to head up to bed, I heard a familiar sound outside. Whooo-whooo-whooooooooo-whoooooooooooooo! Yes, it was our friendly neighborhood Great Horned Owl, which I saw and could identify (in the fading light, so not clearly enough for a photograph or anything) as a Great Horned Owl. That boy/girl is big, though! He/She was in my maple tree at first, but when I stepped outside, he/she flew right over my head into the neighbor's catalpa tree. And then he/she dropped out of sight.

Last night, I walked outside around 11pm to a beautifully clear night, looked up at the sky, and saw a shooting star right over my house again. It was so quick and fleeting that if I hadn't been looking up, I would have missed it. It went right through the Big Dipper.

Comments

Grey said…
Your owl sounds wonderful...
Jennifer said…
That was the first time I'd seen the owl, so that was even cooler. :)

Popular Posts