It's so lovely outside that if I could have worked in the flowerbed after dark, I would have without a single qualm. I put on my gardening apron, loaded it with tools and gloves and such, and went to work. I'm about three-fourths done at the moment.

I still don't see any bergamot. :(

However, the strawberries are six feet (at least) away from where I originally planted them, and one enterprising very small strawberry plant has a dozen little berries on it! There are more berries than there is plant. And, from five original plants, I have about thirty now. Initially, I was afraid that the mint would choke out the strawberries, but I'm not afraid of that now. They seem to be getting along together quite nicely.

The purple flowers that I can't remember the name of are doing quite well, and my hardy hibiscuses are starting to come up.

And there is apple mint everywhere. And the candy mint has spread quite a bit too. I also spotted some Sweet William by the honey locusts that I don't remember planting; it may have been from the original mix, but I'm not sure. There are also some unidentified plants in the flowerbed that look like they aren't just weeds (and aren't weeds just plants in the wrong place anyway?) so I left them in place to bloom.

Next year, the apple mint will be in the garden, I kid you not. Thank goodness it makes such yummy tea (which I am drinking now, of course.)

Comments

Popular Posts