Went to the auction--I only spent $35, so that's good. I bought three old Pyrex pie plates (I only owned two, and it's always a good thing to have extras), one Mary Dunbar Ovenware pie plate, and a Depression glass pie plate (smaller than normal) for $7.50--it was a whole lot. I also bought a leaded cut glass bowl for $12.50, and a Arts & Crafts style plant stand for $15.

There was a lot there; don't get me wrong, but everything else I wanted to bid on went too high, including the quilts. A crock bowl that is identical to one I bought at Goodwill for $12 went for $50. The folding sewing table went for $35--I paid $20 for the same one not that long ago. There was a really nice solid brass Arts & Crafts floor lamp there, but it went for $85, and I didn't want to go that high. The cherry corner cupboard (which I didn't intend to bid on, but was a nice piece) went for $2,000. That's actually not a bad price.

So at least I didn't fill up my car again; in fact, the bowl is the only real decorative piece I bought. There were a couple of Frankoma pieces there, but I didn't stay for those. It was a long auction with a bunch of stuff. I actually didn't mean to stay so long in the first place.

I wore my hiking shoes, because last time the side yard was a sea of mud, but it really wasn't too bad this time (they didn't have stuff set up out there, either, which helped.) And surprisingly, I wasn't too hot wearing my pants that change into capris (the legs unzip) and my hiking boots. I even wore my Smartwool socks so my feet wouldn't sweat.

I'm intending to mulch what is planted in the garden this evening, though, since it's so nice outside.

Comments

Popular Posts