This is the current setup. It works, but not as well as it could work. It really doesn't look too bad, and I could work like this. This table's on wheels, though, and I'm not sure how well that would work. So I tried to think of another alternative, but I kept coming up with nothing.

I walked out into the garden, found a mimosa tree growing in my yard (!!!! Finally!!!) and then, on my way back inside, I spied my very old and very dirty patio/garden furniture table that I found in the shed when I moved in. It weighs a ton and was once painted green (that kind of garden furniture, you know) and is... 35 inches long and 25 inches wide.

Right now, it looks like this:


It actually has two tops on it. I had wondered why the top seemed so loose; well, someone added a top to it. The original top is underneath, and in good condition, although after I clean it up I may just put the second top back on. We'll see.

Ester is 29 1/4" wide and 29 1/4" long. A perfect square. Yes, this table is actually a bit too long and not wide enough, but not wide enough is actually a good thing, because it's nice to have some overhang. (As you can see in the picture above, that means my knees can fit under the loom.)

A bit too long is no problem either, because that means I can set down my shuttles as I'm working instead of trying to find a place to stick them.

The nice thing about this table is that it has a very heavy pedestal base, and also has two shelves, which can be (and probably will be) used for--you guessed it--yarn!

Imagine it cleaned up, sanded, and probably painted. Probably not white. Maybe green or blue. Actually, a dark blue would look nice, especially if I made it look 'vintage' by sanding it a bit after I painted it.

Eureka!

And the nice thing? The only cost will be the paint. Ha.

That got me thinking, and I'm considering putting the gray table outside where my old oak table is, and actually having a little place I could sit and eat breakfast or whatever out there. The old oak table could fit on the side porch where the patio/garden table is now--I think it will fit. And it will look nice!

I think I've found a solution. :)

Comments

Popular Posts