I am not surprised that certain Borders stores are going out of business. When I shop there, I usually buy remaindered books exclusively, because it seems there are never any books on sale.

I got a Borders gift card for Christmas, and will have to stop by this week because I can't find anything on the website that isn't full price. And it's been years since I've bought a book for full price. I'm not about to start now!

The book in question is Artisan Bread in five minutes a day, whose authors were on The Splendid Table this morning, and it's $27.95 at Borders and $18.95 at Amazon. That's a significant price difference, don't you think? I mean, yes, I'd be using my gift card and thus not shelling out the money, but still!

(Honestly, the theory behind this book, which they explained, is really neat. It's almost sourdough, but not! I am all for making breadmaking simpler.)

Comments

Popular Posts