So I've been thinking. And I think I've pretty much decided not to do NaNoWriMo this year, and here's why: I really need to work on other things instead. I don't need to write a novel-inna-month or even a secret project-inna-month; I need to develop some sort of exercise habit that will sustain me into the winter/new year and beyond.

Since October is my birthday month, and since I hadn't gotten myself a birthday present yet, I decided that for the months of October and November (because the stuff I ordered isn't going to get here by October 1st anyway) I am going to make a concentrated effort to become more flexible.

I ordered an AM/PM yoga DVD that was recommended, as well as a stretching DVD that was also recommended. The morning one is 20 minutes long; I think the evening one is the same length. Surely I have 40 minutes out of my day to concentrate on health and well-being. I spend more than 40 minutes a day sitting in front of a computer anyway; I really don't need to double that by attempting to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I need very badly to become more flexible.

So, here's the plan: When I get up in the morning, I'll do the AM program; before I go to bed, I'll do the PM program, and I'll alternate on weekends, maybe, with the longer stretching program. And maybe by the time the weather turns again, I'll be more comfortable about riding my bike to errands and such, since I know that's why I've been avoiding it lately.

I'm going to give it a try, and if it doesn't work for me, then I'll try something else. But I'm putting November 30th as an end date for decision-making as to whether to continue or not. Even if I don't like it, surely I can stick with it for that long.

We'll see!

Of course, if anyone else wants to join in, feel free. The more the merrier! :)

(And yes, I'll update when it starts, and throughout.)

Comments

Popular Posts